Thanks so much to Suesreadingcorner! Take a moment to check out her fantastic blog (you won’t regret it!)
So how does this Blogger Recognition Award work?
Here are the rules….
1. Select 15 other blogs you want to give this award to. Do some digging if you must! Find those blogs. You cannot nominate yourself of the person who has nominated you.
2. Write a post to show off your award! Give a brief story of how your blog got started, and give a piece or two advice to new bloggers. List who nominated you in your post. Make sure to attach the award yourself!
3. Comment on each blog to let them know you’ve nominated them. Provide a link to your award post.
4. Provide a link to the original post on Edge of Night. This way, anyone can find the original post if needed, and we can keep it from mutating and becoming confusing!
Why I started blogging:
I started blogging as the lead up to publishing my fantasy YA book Creeping Shadow later this year. I have discovered blogging to be so much more rewarding (and not to mention addictive) than I had ever expected! It’s been an amazing resource to find like-minded readers and writers that share the same passion as I do for books.
So here’s my two pieces of advice:
- For anyone considering blogging I say go for it! It is an amazing way to make connections with people all over the world who share a common interest who you can discuss your passions with!
- Write about the things you love. My most popular posts are always the ones that I have enjoyed writing the most. I love rambling on about all the ins and outs of writing and, it turns out, so do a lot of other people! Yay!
Here are my nominations for the Blogger Recognition Award:
This is literally my life right now!
I think I’m asking for it with this post so hopefully I don’t make any mistakes haha!
But I’m not really talking about accidental mis-spellings (everyone makes mistakes!) but what really grinds my gears is the wrong use of….
There, Their and They’re, it’s, its, and its’ …and don’t get me started on the wrong use of apostrophes…
So here are my top five examples of bad grammar that will get right under your skin:
They got the last one right! *bangs head against wall* They got…the last one…right…
If that’s what she finds inspiration in I think we’d better avoid this woman…
If there’s one certain way to undermine an insult…
That is literally tattooed on your skin for life.
And for my handpicked number one…it had to be this…
Correcting bad grammar with bad grammar. Need I say any more?
Okay so i have very few subscribers and though I deeply love you both (haha) I would like to have a few more!
BUT I’m not asking you to subscribe willy nilly. Why would you? When you could be out subscribing to J.K.Rowling, or Cassandra Clare or George R.R Martin. Why don’t you go subscribe to those people right? Afterall, they’re offering you something already!
So I present to you a challenge! If you laugh at the following meme you must honour your vow to subscribe but if not I’ll let you go on your way – and I don’t want any pity subscribers either!
By subscribing to my newsletter you’ll get all the latest updates on my writing before anyone else! But also tips, tricks, and deals! I won’t spam you either, I promise! And, of course, I won’t share your email with anyone else and any time you want to unsubscribe you’re just one click away from doing so!
Here we are then….remember if you laugh you have to subscribe! If you can’t face the pressure then maybe you should turn back before it’s too late!
Laugh = Subscribe
No Laugh = May we meet again
You can click up there to subscribe or you can click here to subscribe
Or even ———————–> here
Oh and, just for your information, this one seriously had me laughing
All good things must end but let’s see if this one can end on a high note!
So here’s an inspirational quote which I love. It’s short and sweet…like a gingerbread man…
Here’s my tags! Have fun 🙂
1) Chris White
2) S. J Higbee
3) Darshith Badiyani
Hey guys so it’s day two of the challenge and I realised I forgot to tag people in it yesterday to pass it on haha woops! So I’ll tag extra people today (aren’t you lucky! You’re just rubbing your hands together hopin’ I’m gonna nominate you – aww now I feel bad if I don’t…)
Today’s quote is from the late Robin Williams. I love it and think it says it all so I’m shutting up now and giving you the quote!
And here are my tags:
6) Paperback Discovery
Firstly I want to say a hugggeeeeee thank you to the Fiction Fairy for nominating me. You can check out her blog here ( It’s really worth it!!)
So without further ado I give you my Day One Quote:
I was going to quote Harry Potter but I thought hmmm you all know the best Harry P quotes so instead I chose a quote from Alan Rickman who plays Snape in the films (He is a legend!). And (for those of you who know the books well) this quote is absolute genius…